Are you one of those people who always hold back your smile in photos? Do you have yellow or dark teeth? In this post, we will teach you different ways to whiten your teeth the natural way!
Your bright and white teeth lose their appeal because of different reasons. You will find numerous products and treatments, which could help you brighten your teeth. However, most of them could prove to be challenging for your pocket. Luckily, we have gathered amazing home remedies that could aid you to accomplish those brighter teeth naturally.
What are the Root Causes of Discolored Teeth?
Your teeth could lose its natural color and might look darker as you age. Some of the major factors, which contribute to discoloration of your teeth include:
- Physical trauma such as fall could ruin the formation of enamel in kids whose teeth are still developing
- Environmental factors such as the presence of too much fluoride levels in the water
- Genetics – Other people are blessed naturally with whiter teeth while some are not
- A few materials utilized in dentistry such as amalgam restorations
- Medications such as doxycycline or tetracycline could also cause yellowing of the teeth when given to kids whose teeth are still in developing stage
- Medical therapies such as chemotherapy, neck or head radiation
- Drinking caffeinated drinks
- Poor dental hygiene such as lack of brushing, using a mouthwash or flossing the teeth
- Tobacco use
- Particular foods such as potatoes, apples, wines, teas, and coffees
As you can see, your teeth could have become stained because of different aspects. Nonetheless, you could try to repair the whiteness of your teeth using some easy yet proven home remedies.
- Vegetables & Fruits
Fruits such as kiwis, oranges, pineapples, papayas, and strawberries and veggies such as carrots and celery have teeth whitening properties. They could help in the elimination of discoloring from your enamel, and they are considered safe as well. You could either consume more of those vegetables and fruits or leave them in your teeth for some seconds to notice the desired results.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Did you know that hydrogen peroxide could help enhance the shade of your tooth? It’s an excellent home remedy for people who are on a limited budget. This is also perfect for people who wish to brighten their teeth.
All you need to have is half a cup of 3%-5% of hydrogen peroxide along with a half cup of water. Then gargle the solution inside your mouth for at least thirty to sixty seconds. Spit the solution and brush the teeth without toothpaste. You can rinse your mouth carefully with water. You can use this home remedy once daily.
- Baking Soda
Tooth brushing, along with a baking soda-based dentifrice, is considered to help with the removal of stains and teeth whitening in a research published in the Journal of the American Dental Association. To do this, you need a toothbrush, a water, and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
Then combine the baking soda along with a few drops of water, creating a thick paste. Grab some of this solution on your toothbrush and start brushing your teeth for a few minutes. You can finish it by washing your mouth with water.
- Coconut Oil Pulling
Oil pulling along with coconut oil provides numerous health for your oral health. It could help you lower plaque formation as well as plaque-induced gingivitis. Therefore, it might also aid in whitening your teeth.
All you need here is a one-tablespoon virgin coconut oil. Make sure you gargle the virgin coconut oil mixture inside your mouth for at least ten to fifteen minutes. Then spit it out and follow your normal oral routine of flossing and brushing.
You need to stay away from those foods and drinks that can further stain your teeth. Stay away from dark sodas and coffee because they could also cause stain on your teeth.
If you are currently searching for an OTC teeth whitening products aside from these natural remedies, below are some of them:
- Mouth Washes and Whitening Strips
These could help in enhancing the color of your teeth by at least one to two shades
- Tray-Based Teeth Whiteners
They include a bleaching gel, and all you need to do is to use a fitted tray on your teeth for two to four hours per day.
- Whitening Toothpaste
You will find a wide array of teeth whitening toothpaste today accessible, which could help in lightening your teeth by one or two shades.
These OTC products could help in whitening your teeth. However, you need to be cautious enough about the substances or ingredient light. That’s because high concentrations of particular compounds could ruin your enamel.
If you can change your lifestyle options, you might be able to avoid staining of teeth for a long time. Below, you will find some tips to avoid your teeth from discoloring:
- Get your teeth cleaned by a dentist every six months
- Quick smoking
- Prevent drinks or foods, which could stain your teeth such as beetroot, blueberries, red wine, and coffee
- Don’t overeat high-carb foods. When you eat them, make sure you brush your teeth
- Floss and brush your teeth twice every day or after a meal when possible
Doing such changes to your lifestyle could avoid your teeth from staining for a very long time.